From a one-day urgent reception cover through to an on-going, long-term contract Marketing Manager hire, we take temporary work seriously and every assignment is given the same high level of importance and focus to ensure we get a good match between worker and company.
This is the same attitude we look for from our contractors when we place them with our client companies.
Park Street People work with temporary assignments through PAYE, umbrella payroll businesses and Limited Company Contractors.
What are the benefits of temporary and contract work?
- Temping is a fantastic way of exploring different jobs and industries whilst gaining new skills and capabilities
- Opportunities which often cover urgent scenarios allow you to take time over your permanent job search
- Temporary work can often allow for a better work / life balance than permanent employment. For example, taking a career break is far easier to manage
- Temp-to-perm roles are a great way of assessing whether a role will be right for you long-term
- A great way to get your foot in the door; companies value a strong work-ethic and showing that you've gone out of your way to be in work goes a long way to successfully obtaining the right permanent role
- The shortest temporary assignments often extend into long-term roles; never underestimate the foresight of companies who can see the potential value in a temporary workers current skills plus future potential
- Temping is a great avenue for graduates and students to obtain valuable commercial experience
- Networking opportunities; meeting new people while working on different temporary assignments can open many career doors in the future
- Working rights; with the introduction of the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR) 2010, temporary workers have gained extended rights from both Day 1 and after Week 12 in a temporary job (see our AWR overview for more detail)
- Within many industries, fixed-term contracting is very commonplace as a viable long-term career plan. Roles requiring niche skill-sets and those staff that have extensive experience can secure high-value contracts for consistent periods of time
Register now for full information on all our temporary vacancies.
We have a variety of documents available to support your temporary or contract assignments with Park Street People. View them now.
Upload your CV
We are passionate about working with the highest calibre candidates who are available in the market today.
If you can't identify a suitable role on our website, make sure you still register your details with Park Street People by clicking 'Go'.
Our specialist consultants are constantly looking for superb candidates to represent and we will go out of our way to generate opportunities for you when you submit your profile.