Reference: 06410 Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 11 November 2016
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 11 November 2016
An established manufacturing business based in Milton Keynes is recruiting for a Technical Translator to join their translation team on a permanent basis. Working in a friendly team you will be paid a competitive salary and range of company benefits.
The successful candidate will be responsible for translating technical documentation and other texts from German into English. The ideal candidate will be a native level English speaker, ideally educated to degree level in German (or equivalent work experience).
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Translation of technical documentation accurately ready for publication
- Translating marketing, advertising & corporate communication texts
- Review/quality check of completed translations
- Utilising computer aided translation tools as required to optimise the translation process
- Contribute towards terminology database ensuring terminology is consistent in future translations.
- Administrative tasks including: processing enquiries, logging incoming translation projects, file management and database maintenance.
- Formatting and prepare documents ready for publication and where required using Desktop Publishing software.
In addition, you may also be tasked with project management related duties including cost estimations, scheduling work flow and trouble shooting in the manager’s absence. The successful candidate will speak German and English, experience or an interest in engineering, architecture or environmental issues would be desirable.
To apply or for more information please contact Park Street People on 01753 830 706 or submit your CV via this website today.
Park Street People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Want to earn up to £500? *
*Terms and conditions apply
£20,000 + Benefits
- Established company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Easily accessible by public transport
- Interesting and varied workload
- Established leader in their field
- Competitive starting salary plus company benefits
- Modern office and great company culture
£21,750 + Benefits
- Well established company
- Training provided
- Good team environment