Reference: 08753 Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 20 May 2020
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 20 May 2020
A global biotechnology company who are a market leader in their therapeutic area are looking for a Scientific Support & Systems Analyst to join their team in Oxford. Working independently, you will provide hardware and software systems support to a busy R&D site.
This is a great opportunity to work for a pharmaceutical company who have created a centre of excellence and constantly focus on driving innovation and using cutting edge techniques in their science.
As a key support to the Scientists within the business you will troubleshoot/fix hardware/software issues ranging from 1st to 3rd line level requests, proactively engage with stakeholders and manage vendor relationships as well as provide training and technical guidance/advice on internal systems and correct usage.
- Provision of a scientific/technological systems helpdesk (1st to 3rd line) providing support across laboratory equipment, hardware and software systems
- Engage with Research Scientists and departments to provide correct equipment and new systems for experiments
- Subject matter expert providing advice
- Overseeing all commercial and custom lab equipment
- Administer all laboratory information management system software
- Working with Heads of Department to gather requirements, plan upgrades and how to innovate within the laboratories
- Identify and diagnose any failures to the system
- Oversee integration and implementation/upgrades of new and existing systems and project manage as required
- Background in a scientific or pharmaceutical company providing IT systems/application support within a laboratory setting
- You will have current experience managing both scientific software and laboratory equipment
- Extensive knowledge of laboratory instrumentation software and its troubleshooting
- Familiarity with Empower 3, MetaXpress, Nugenesis and IDBS is preferred
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- You will be able to demonstrate working closely with Heads of Department to gather requirements and provide innovative solutions and ideas
Park Street People Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Want to earn up to £500? *
*Terms and conditions apply
£25,000 to £35,000
- Joining an innovative medical devices company
- Excellent opportunity to further develop your career
- Joining a fast-paced environment
- People centric organisation with a focus on excellence
- An innovative and extensive drug pipeline gives the business an exciting future
- Global biotechnology company working on pioneering cell and gene therapy science
- People centric organisation with a focus on excellence and wellbeing
- Modern working environment with state of the art laboratories and equipment
- Innovative biotechnology business with a great target pipeline