Reference: 06968 Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 25 October 2017
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 25 October 2017
Senior Scientific Software Analyst | Pharmaceutical
As Senior Scientific Software Analyst, you will provide a full IT support service including laboratory instrumentation and software (both PC and Cloud based). This opportunity serves as the highest hands-on level of support for commercial and custom-developed lab equipment alongside life cycle ownership of enterprise and stand-alone software.
An exciting time to join this innovative biotechnology company who are very patient focused, you will add considerable value by supporting across all biology and chemistry equipment.
With this position you will hold excellent customer support skills coupled with hands on instrument support and triage of larger systems.
- You will provide the highest level of customer service and be confident providing phone support as well as being hands on.
- Working with instrument and controller software; troubleshooting and data integration.
- Using enterprise platforms for chromatography, high content screening, data management, and electronic lab note books.
- Accountable for troubleshooting and supporting extensively on both Windows and Mac workstations.
- You will be responsible for implementing custom software and workflow solutions for data acquisition, sample management and/or experimental analysis.
- Having technical lead experience you will aid in the deployment of enterprise software.
- Working in a busy support environment you will know how to triage and prioritise, and be able to manage and juggle multiple expectations and projects.
- Strong experience in software and hardware support, preferably within the pharmaceutical or biotech company.
- Support phenotypical screening applications / image analysis.
- Experience with JSON based API communications for application integration and data formatting.
- Supporting on Water/Thermo/Perkins Elmer or Agilent equipment
- Using Empower 3, MetaExpress, Nugenesis/OMERO and IDBS.
Park Street People Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Want to earn up to £500? *
*Terms and conditions apply
- Working for a Global pharmaceutical company.
- Cross functional working.
- Ability for career growth and development.
- Joining a professional and friendly team.
£11.00 to £11.50 per hour + Holiday Pay
- Global pharmaceutical company.
- Joining a busy, professional department.
- Excellent temporary 6 month opportunity.
- Join a company that pushes professional development
- Cell Biology background
- Good location coupled with a modern working environment
- Global biotechnology company