Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 5 April 2018
- Join a company that pushes professional development
- Cell Biology background
- Good location coupled with a modern working environment
- Global biotechnology company
Senior Research/Principle Scientist
As the Senior Research/Principal Scientist and an innovator of science, you will be passionate about neuroscience and genetics.
You will thrive in a patient first environment where your work will create innovative science which pushes boundaries by creating in vitro model systems and co-culture assays, clearly seeing the effects of your work.
Having a keen interest in genetic and rare diseases coupled with an in-depth knowledge of cell biology, you’ll welcome the opportunity to work with an organisation that is committed to developing diverse human cell-based and neuronal systems (ideally iPSCs and iPSC) with an emphasis on stem/progenitor cell biology.
With this opportunity you will serve as a key member of the Cell Pharmacology team, looking to apply pioneering technologies to target validation, characterisation of drug candidates and translational biomarker identification.
Responsible for building disease relevant in vitro model systems, the Cell Pharmacology team aim to provide transformational therapies for patients with serious diseases. Keeping up to date with scientific and methodological breakthroughs will be standard for you.
- You will hold a PhD in a relevant Biological Science (e.g. Neuroscience, Biochemistry, Molecular or Cellular Biology) or BSc with vast experience in solving complex scientific problems.
- You will have a track record of producing high quality results, excellent publication history and exceptional interpersonal/communication skills.
Looking for candidates with;
- Cell biology background; worked with human primary cell systems and co-culture assays
- A focus on the derivation and characterisation of stem cell-based human neuronal cultures in vitro is highly advantageous
- Hold a variety of molecular technologies, gene editing technologies (Inc. CRISPR) and single cell technologies (Inc. multi-parametric flow cytometry and high-content imaging)
The company pushes continual professional development, offers an excellent benefits package and a modern working environment.
Park Street People Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role.
Keywords: Neuroscience, neurology, stem cells, principal scientist, experimental neurology, genetics, rare diseases, CRISPR, gene editing, stem cell research, neuro science, gene reporter assays, cloning, mutagenesis, immunocytochemistry, clinical neuroscience, human genetics
Want to earn up to £500? *
*Terms and conditions apply
- Global biotech company
- Medicinal chemistry expertise
- Fantastic growth opportunity
- Excellent international opportunity
- Working in a fantastic city
- Huge scope for career progression
- Requires GMC registered individual
- Strong ABPI Code knowledge
- Final Medical Signatory
- Multiple Sclerosis therapeutic area