Reference: 09282 Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 3 September 2021
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 3 September 2021
A global biotechnology company who are a market leader in their therapeutic area are looking for a Senior Research Scientist – Lead Discovery to join a key team within R&D.
With a strong passion for science and a background in high throughput screening of molecular mechanisms and assays to optimise leads within early drug discovery, you will want to be a part of the Research team for this pioneering business at the forefront of scientific innovation.
- Establish molecular mechanisms to drive early drug discovery initiatives from target identification through to lead optimisation
- Oversee screening assays and running high-throughput screens in particular proteins, nucleic acid and enzymes
- Working cross functionally within an international research group, providing updates and guidance on your own research and company research
- Literature review
- Educated to a Ph.D. level
- Background in Biochemistry, Chemical Biology or Biophysics in a pharmaceutical or CRO setting
- Proven laboratory experience working in assay miniaturisation and high throughput screening
- Great knowledge of assay technologies including FRET, FP and luminescence
- Strong understanding of early drug discovery phases as well as lead finding and compound profiling
- Experience with 1536 and 384 well plate formats
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a team
Park Street People Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Want to earn up to £500? *
*Terms and conditions apply