Reference: 07666 Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 20 March 2019
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 20 March 2019
Senior Research Scientist
The pharmaceutical company based in Abingdon is looking to hire a Senior Research Scientist to join their Cellular Pharmacology department. You will be passionate about supporting the drug discovery process and developing human cell-based systems utilising stem and progenitor cell biology.
You will take ownership of building disease-relevant cell models to assist in discovering novel target biology, identify potential drug candidates and develop translational biomarkers. You will play a key role in selecting the correct candidates and supporting them through the drug discovery process, enabling the business to create targeted medicines which will transform the lives of patients and seek to generate a cure for serious diseases.
- You will hold a PhD in a relevant Biological Science (e.g. Molecular or Cellular Biology) or BSc with vast experience in solving complex scientific problems.
- You will have a track record of producing high quality results, excellent publication history and exceptional interpersonal/communication skills.
Looking for candidates with:
- Cell biology background; worked with human primary cell systems and co-culture assays
- Experience in multi parametric flow cytometry and/or high content imaging and other single cell technologies, to describe disease mechanism at the cellular level
- Hold a variety of molecular technologies, gene editing technologies (Inc. CRISPR) and single cell technologies (Inc. multi-parametric flow cytometry and high-content imaging)
The company pushes continual professional development, offers an excellent benefits package and a modern working environment.
Park Street People Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Keywords: stem cells, principal scientist, experimental neurology, genetics, rare diseases, CRISPR, gene editing, stem cell research, neuro science, gene reporter assays, cloning, mutagenesis, immunocytochemistry, clinical neuroscience, human genetics
Want to earn up to £500? *
*Terms and conditions apply
- People centric organisation with a focus on excellence
- Good location coupled with a modern working environment
- Global biotechnology company
£57,000 to £60,000
- Fantastic opportunity to join a company passionate about science and clinical research
- Role focused on the running of Clinical Trials
- Company focused on career development
- Career development opportunities
- Chance to work at the forefront of drug development
- Travelling to UK sites