Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 2 March 2018
- Global biotech company
- Medicinal chemistry expertise
- Fantastic growth opportunity
SENIOR RESEARCH CHEMIST
An exciting time to join this innovative biotechnology company who are built and focused on a patient centric model. As the Senior Research Chemist, you will be expected to lead by example in both the laboratory and across the early project portfolio.
Being exceptionally creative and holding outstanding technical experience you will have the ability to continually generate and implement new ideas. As a medicinal chemistry subject matter expert, you will be able to mentor and guide the team as well as manage some exciting lead discovery projects as well. You will enjoy spending time in the lab as well as working in cross functional teams and sharing insight and data.
- Create and execute sophisticated, technically challenging experiments.
- You will hold the ability to translate, multidimensional SAR data and develop new design hypotheses.
- Working cross-functionally across the business; providing medicinal chemistry solutions to answer key biological questions alongside introducing new principles from other field to assist in establishing paradigms in projects.
- Design and implement the chemical strategy, interpreting HTS data whilst making recommendations for series progression.
- Ph.D. (or equivalent degree ideally in Medicinal Chemistry)
- Strong medicinal chemistry experience, either in industry or from post doc research
- Successful track record of lead generation and experience of modern hit finding techniques
- An appreciation of target identification tools and techniques
- Project management experience – ability to lead multiple projects
- Strong communication skills are essential for this role.
Park Street People Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Want to earn up to £500? *
*Terms and conditions apply
£35.00 to £40.00 per hour
- Joining a leading pharmaceutical company.
- An initial 12 month contract.
- Travelling to UK sites.
- Full monitoring responsibilities.
- Join a company that pushes professional development
- Cell Biology background
- Good location coupled with a modern working environment
- Global biotechnology company
- Global biotech company
- Team Leader opportunity
- Industry experience in cell assay development, HTS and hit triage and optimisation.