Job Type: Contract
Date Posted: 23 July 2018
- Patient centric company.
- Fantastic contract position.
- Based in the centre of a scientific research hub.
Research Scientist in Protein Biochemistry | Temporary 12 months
As a Research Scientist, you will have a keen interest in protein expression and purification within structural biology and using insect or mammalian expression systems.
With this lab-based opportunity you will serve as a key member of the Protein Biochemistry team, responsible for purifying recombinant protein for a variety of rare disease research efforts using baculovirus or mammalian cell systems.
You will be looking for a company where you can be innovative and push forward technical methodology to help our client continue to be at the forefront of their sector. Keeping up to date with scientific and methodological breakthroughs will be standard for you.
An exciting time to join this innovative biotechnology company who are built and focused on a patient centric model, you will support fully across your 12-month initial contract, adding considerable value to the Protein Biochemistry department.
- You will be responsible for strategic and tactical support of protein expression and purification, supporting recombinant protein provision and cell assay development using various expression systems.
- This is a bench based scientist role where you will be providing pivotal support to several projects both strategically and tactically
- Create and provide plasmids for protein expression and cell assay development.
- Working on large volume protein expression projects (20-25L)
- You will hold BSc with vast experience in relevant academic or industry setting.
- Looking for candidates with experience in:
- Transfection, cell culture and protein purification techniques.
- Cloning targets into mammalian cell systems.
- Working with large plasmids and membrane proteins.
- Knowledge of structural biology techniques – i.e. X-ray crystallography, Cryo-electron microscopy.
- Proven track record in plasmid design and molecular biology.
- Strong communication skills
- Confident working in a fast paced and team focused environment
Park Street People Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Want to earn up to £500? *
*Terms and conditions apply
£35.00 to £40.00 per hour
- Joining a leading pharmaceutical company.
- An initial 12 month contract.
- Travelling to UK sites.
- Full monitoring responsibilities.
- Global biotech company
- Medicinal chemistry expertise
- Fantastic growth opportunity
- Registered in the UK Medical Practitioner
- ABPI Codes
- Final Medical Signatory
- Oncology / Haematology therapy area