Reference: 07038 Job Type: Contract Date Posted: 12 December 2017
Job Type: Contract
Date Posted: 12 December 2017
Research Scientist in Protein Biochemistry | Temporary 12 months
You will have a keen interest in plasmid design and molecular biology as a Research Scientist.
With this lab-based opportunity you will serve as a key member of the Protein Biochemistry team, providing strategic, tactical and design input to support cloning initiatives for a variety of rare disease research efforts concentrating on mammalian cell systems.
You will be looking for a company where you can be innovative and push forward technical methodology to help our client continue to be at the forefront of their sector. Keeping up to date with scientific and methodological breakthroughs will be standard for you.
An exciting time to join this innovative biotechnology company who are built and focused on a patient centric model, you will support fully across your 12-month initial contract, adding considerable value to the Protein Biochemistry department.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of molecular biology and cloning, supporting recombinant protein provision and cell assay development using various expression systems.
- This is a bench based scientist role where you will be providing pivotal support to several projects.
- Create and provide plasmids for protein expression and cell assay development.
- Working on DNA amplification and cloning, vector design, DNA sequence analysis, mutagenesis and archiving samples.
- You will hold a PhD involving molecular biology or BSc with vast experience in relevant academic or industry setting.
- Looking for candidates with experience in:
- Transfection, cell culture and protein purification techniques.
- Cloning targets into mammalian cell systems.
- Working with large plasmids and membrane proteins.
- Knowledge of structural biology techniques – i.e. X-ray crystallography, Cryo-electron microscopy.
- Proven track record in plasmid design and molecular biology.
Park Street People Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Want to earn up to £500? *
*Terms and conditions apply
- Patient centric company.
- Fantastic contract position.
- Based in the centre of a scientific research hub.
- Global biotech company
- Medicinal chemistry expertise
- Fantastic growth opportunity
£35.00 to £40.00 per hour
- Joining a leading pharmaceutical company.
- An initial 12 month contract.
- Travelling to UK sites.
- Full monitoring responsibilities.