Reference: 08290 Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 31 May 2019
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 31 May 2019
Research Scientist - Medicinal Chemistry | FTC 15 Months
As a Research Scientist with a specialism in Medicinal Chemistry you will be passionate about creating innovative science and working on large scale syntheses. This is a great opportunity to work for a pharmaceutical company who have created a centre of excellence and constantly focus on driving innovation and using cutting edge techniques in their science.
You will be working on a combination of compounds to assess it from a biological side and synthesise to achieve appropriate results.
You will be conducting research as part of a team and have the opportunity to contribute to patents and publications as well as incorporate new techniques into your experiments. Therefore, keeping your knowledge up to date with recent scientific publications and literature is very important.
- You will be responsible for creating and executing complex and challenging experiments
- Performing advanced experimental troubleshooting and method development
- Preparing independently presentations related to the studies to show and interpret results of the experiments
- You’ll have the ability to interpret complicated data, making recommendations on process improvements and development direction.
- PhD or MSc in Chemistry (or equivalent degree ideally in Medicinal Chemistry)
- Extensive medicinal chemistry experience, either in industry or from post doc research
- Experience with pharmacology and ADME
- An excellent knowledge and experience of modern synthetic methods and using them in multi-step syntheses
- A creative and innovative mind set, you will be someone who is actively reading and researching new methods you can use in your daily work to create cutting edge science
- Experience in delivering clinical candidates
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and preparing presentations to show the experimental results are essential for this role.
Park Street People Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Want to earn up to £500? *
*Terms and conditions apply
£20,000 to £25,000
Henley on Thames
£30,000 to £35,000