Reference: 07020 Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 1 December 2017
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 1 December 2017
Quantity Surveyor | Permanent
A rare and exciting opportunity has come up to join a well-established construction company that design and build unique timber/log structures for the holiday, agricultural and educational industries. Their product range includes holiday homes, classrooms, residential homes and garden studios, they design bespoke structures to suit the practical needs of their clients.
Due to further growth they are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their Head Office and work closely with the Design, Contracts and Purchasing departments.
- You will be responsible for preparing, processing and the selection of estimates, bids and tenders.
- You’ll continually liaise with contractors, suppliers and clients to establish project outlines and requirements.
- Preparing and analysing costing for tenders including establishing & operating cost and the financial control system.
- Undertaking financial and progress monitoring of contracts and providing regular reports.
- Developing project tenders and estimating cost for a variety of projects; commercial high rises, industrial and residential.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Ideally hold a degree in Construction Management or related subject.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills will be advantageous for this role.
- Candidates holding problem solving ability – to recognise and tackle queries before they are escalated.
- Computer literacy in all relevant software; including all MS packages.
Park Street People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Want to earn up to £500? *
*Terms and conditions apply