Reference: 06864 Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 31 August 2017
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 31 August 2017
Membrane Protein Biochemist – Permanent
A genuinely exciting opportunity to work as part of an integral Structural Biology and Biophysics department. We are looking for individuals that are incredibly passionate about science and look to participate in medical breakthroughs particularly within small molecule drug discovery.
Onsite at this leading research and development centre, you will be supported with extensive learning and development opportunities as well as working at the forefront of new scientific technologies including molecular biology.
- In producing proteins for structural and biophysical studies you will be providing support to small molecule drug discovery.
- You will require a wide background in protein purification, biochemical characterization and protein expression (mammalian).
- Working collaboratively you’ll develop, implement and perform protein purification protocols – including working on integral membrane proteins.
- This role will demand experience in AKTA chromatography hardware / software and being proficient in a range of chromatography methods.
- PhD or MS or BS or equivalent degree coupled with extensive scientific experience.
- A proven track record of publications is essential.
- Previous pharmaceutical experience with a solid basic knowledge of biochemistry would be advantageous.
- Experience in the expression / purification of membrane proteins.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken – ability to work effectively in a team.
Park Street People Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Want to earn up to £500? *
*Terms and conditions apply