Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 25 March 2021
- Excellent opportunity to work for a global sporting equipment manufacturer to head up their UK HR function.
- Operational HR management role (with advisory capacity on strategic decision making) within a company focused on continuous improvement.
Mizuno is an International sports brand founded in 1906 in Osaka (Japan). Throughout the years, they have grown into a global player of high-tech products in various sports including Running, Tennis, Football, Golf and many more.
With over 5,000 employees globally and turnover of over $1.5 billion, their devotion to supporting their customers to achieve their best results when participating in sport shines through in the quality of their products. Their high-quality standards are in line with their corporate philosophy: ‘Contributing to society through the advancement of sporting goods and the promotion of sports’.
Reporting to the Head of EMEA Administration, the UK HR & Admin Manager is a key role to ensure the ongoing well-being and support to approximately 140 staff across the UK.
This generalist HR role covers the full HR mix and comprises a healthy mix of strategic HR planning, HR projects and traditional tactical HR operations work. Key areas will include:
- Employee Relations
- Learning & Development
- HR Policy Management
- Facilities Management
Leading a team of 3 (HR Coordinator, HR Administrator & Facilities Administration), this busy and challenging role covers two sites in Reading and Cumbernauld (Scotland). Mizuno’s UK business covers core commercial business functions such as finance, IT and customer service as well as warehousing and manufacturing in Scotland.
Your Skills, Experience & Character
This is an HR Manager requirement so prior relevant experience in HR is essential. An ideal fit would comprise the following attributes:
- Qualified to CIPD L5 (you will be managing a Coordinator who is also at this level).
- A proven track record in your HR career.
- Ideal industry experience will be in a product focused business which includes manufacturing, warehousing and a global supply chain.
- Strong Employment Law knowledge.
- Payroll Management (preferred).
- Exposure to building / facilities management (preferred).
- People focused with a hands on, proactive approach to HR.
- Strong leadership and organisational skills; shows the ability to take a collaborative approach whilst being decisive with decision making.
Mizuno will offer up to £50,000 per annum plus an excellent benefits package. Hours of work are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (35 hours per week).
For the right candidate, this role will be rewarding professionally and personally, being seen as a key leader in delivering Mizuno’s UK people strategy.
Park Street People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Please note, we are acting as an exclusive partner in relation to this vacancy; all applications should be made through this website or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to earn up to £500? *
*Terms and conditions apply