Reference: 07463 Job Type: Contract Date Posted: 19 November 2018
Job Type: Contract
Date Posted: 19 November 2018
Why should you apply for this role?
- You want to work for a company which values a healthy work-life balance
- You are looking for a generalist HR role to start in January 2019 and are comfortable working in a fixed term contract (initial period of 8 months with potential extensions up to 14 months - maternity cover contract)
- You enjoy working in a wide ranging HR role where you work in conjunction with the HR Manager to provide support to all staff and line managers across the UK business
- You want to join a company which is stable having traded successfully for over 100 years
- You want to apply for a role in a business who is going through a significant period of business transformation with a number of key projects happening over the next 24 months
Our Reading-based client is an internationally recognised brand name. They are looking to recruit a proven HR professional to join their company on an initial 8 month fixed term contract.
What experience will you bring to the role?
Ideally you will possess exposure and will be confident and comfortable provided ongoing support to the wider business in all the following areas:
- Employee relations (ER); provide first line guidance to all line managers and employees in respect of day-to-day HR matters
- Recruitment and onboarding
- Comps and bens analysis
- Organising and auditing in-house training
- Payroll (not essential)
- HR record maintenance - complying with GDPR and DPA at all times
- Full awareness of core UK employment legislation (NMW, Working Time Regs etc.)
This is a primarily admin / support focused role and you will need to be comfortable working in a busy, team-centric HR role.
At the same time, the company requires the successful individual to be confident to be able to handle any HR related matters in the HR Manager's absence so having strong overall HR awareness will be key to your success in the role.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established company in a busy and varied position. The salary for this role is around £26-29K and will be on the basis of a 8 month fixed term contract (35 hours per week contractually).
This role is commutable from locations such as Reading, Newbury, Bracknell, Basingstoke, Maidenhead and Ascot. Please apply via this website to be considered for this role.
Park Street People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Want to earn up to £500? *
*Terms and conditions apply