Reference: 09547 Job Type: Contract Date Posted: 24 January 2022
Job Type: Contract
Date Posted: 24 January 2022
We are looking for a native level/fluent German Qualified Financial Accountant, to join the EMEA financial shared service centre for an international manufacturer with $7 billion annual revenue.
This is offered on a day-rate contract to cover long-term sick, initially expected to be 6 months - please provide salary expectations upon applying.
You can work remotely, although please be aware that depending on level of experience, there may be requirement to spend some time on-site in Gloucestershire for training over the first few weeks.
Reporting to the country Financial Controller, you'll be responsible for financial reporting to the US for all of the business entities based in Germany (and 1 in the Netherlands).
Responsibilities include (although not limited to):
- Maintenance of financial records, month end journals, P&L reporting
- Managing preparation of monthly reconciliations; investigation of discrepancies for German business entities
- Monthly VAT returns; annual tax returns
- US GAAP and German GAAP is a strong advantage.
- You should have Excel reporting experience (pivots & v-lookup); SAP is desirable, but non-essential.
- You must speak German - we will consider those without German GAAP/reporting experience, as long as you are a qualified accountant and speak German
- We can consider those with recent German reporting experience if they are part-qualified.
- SAP experience is preferable
The company prides itself on family values, a strong sense of inclusion and allowing individuals to gain exposure to other business areas.
If this sounds of interest, apply here to discuss further.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Due to the high levels of interest in the particular vacancy only successful applicants will be contacted. Park Street People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Want to earn up to £500? *
*Terms and conditions apply
£37,000 to £47,000 (£50,000.00 OTE) + Benefits
£37,000 to £47,000 + Benefits
- Responsibility for all month end closure and reporting tasks under Italian GAAP
- Opportunity to step up into this role, with support both above and below you
- Wonderful Cotswolds location
- Modern EMEA SSC - international manufacturer of $6 billion turnover
Negotiable + Benefits