Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 14 February 2018
- Disruptor in science
- Strong leader with clear scientific vision
- Collaborative and team focused R&D division
DIRECTOR OF CHEMISTRY
An exciting time to join this innovative biotechnology company who are built and focused on a patient centric model, as Director of Chemistry, this is a high profile role where you will be part of the scientific leadership team responsible for motivating the team to challenge science and consistently drive through strong synthetic and medicinal chemistry design and drug discovery projects. With extensive patents and publications you will a confident leader and networker across multiple disciplines. An expertise in rare diseases is highly advantageous as our client continues to expand their portfolio and push the boundaries of their existing pipeline.
You will be confident in managing strategic scientific collaborations as well as internal and external stakeholder management. And be able to work in a cross functional style to secure the best outcome for the business. With strong influencing and nurturing skills, you will be committed to best practice and creating a centre of excellence within your team. A strong visionary in your field, you have a clear idea of how to push drug discovery projects and create innovative methods to challenge science and processes to create and develop life saving drugs.
- Providing scientific leadership for drug discovery projects.
- Promote and maintain high levels of excellence in medicinal and synthetic chemistry department.
- Influence and provide guidance on chemical and preclinical strategy in small molecule drug discovery.
- Responsible for managing a team of medicinal chemists; motivating, developing and reviewing performance of team members.
- Publishing science in high quality journals and publications.
- Ph.D (or equivalent degree in Organic or Medicinal Chemistry) and strong background working in related field
- Strong knowledge for both synthetic and medicinal chemistry
- Must be a people person: care and motivate team and team’s development
- Must be a strong leader – creates vision for the group
- Inspires and motivates team
Park Street People Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Want to earn up to £500? *
*Terms and conditions apply
- Providing strategic input to the future direction of the business
- Having oversight of satellite offices
- Risk Management plans / Safety Review meetings / MedDRA Coding
- Global biotech company
- Medicinal chemistry expertise
- Fantastic growth opportunity
- Global biotech company
- Team Leader opportunity
- Industry experience in cell assay development, HTS and hit triage and optimisation.