Reference: 08728 Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 9 April 2020
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 9 April 2020
A global biotechnology company who are a market leader in their therapeutic area are looking for a Cellular Pharmacology Team Leader to join their team in Oxford to help develop techniques to further improve their cell technology.
This is a great opportunity to work for a pharmaceutical company who have created a centre of excellence and constantly focus on driving innovation and using cutting edge techniques in their science.
- Pivotal role expanding capabilities and development of human cell based system
- Lead the characterisation of potential drug candidates
- Strategic technical and career development of PhD and post doc Bench Scientists in cellular pharmacology
- Champion and leverage molecular cell biology and invitro disease modelling
- Leading a team of scientists and implement strategies that will lead into successful cellular experiments
- Developing cell biology experiments into cutting edge technologies
- Previous experience leading a team of scientists particularly in a biotechnology/pharmaceutical setting
- PhD in Molecular/Cellular Biology combined with post doc experience
- Strong knowledge of human cell biology specifically within iPSCs, progenitor cells or organoids
- Experience of drug discovery environment specifically in-vitro disease modelling
- Combination of strategic, technical and people management within a drug discovery environment.
- CRISPR methods, RNai and stem cells
- Excellent communication and team working skills
Park Street People Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Want to earn up to £500? *
*Terms and conditions apply
£20,000 to £23,000
£55,000 to £60,000
£22.00 to £24.00 per hour + Holiday Pay