Reference: 07143 Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 2 March 2018
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 2 March 2018
Cell Biologist Team Leader | Cellular Assay Development
As a highly experienced and innovative Cell Biologist you will be leading a cellular assay team, managing the development and application of pharmacologically relevant cellular and phenotypic assays.
You will be part of the Molecular Sciences Team and through strong influencing and nurturing skills, you will be committed to best practice and creating a centre of excellence within your team. An expertise in rare diseases is highly advantageous as our client continues to expand their portfolio and push the boundaries of their existing pipeline.
- Head the development and implementation of cellular screening tactics that reflect the pharmacology to be modulated in discovery programs.
- Provide expertise and guidance in creating technology platforms for screening.
- Contribute scientific leadership to call-based assays that are suitable for automated high-throughput screening.
- Holding a strong grasp of assay relevant statistics and methods to interrogate assay quality, hit identification and potency.
- Ensuring HTS hits are pharmacologically relevant through supporting additional mechanism of action studies.
- Effective communication of screening strategy, tactics, timelines and progress/data to project and research governance teams.
- Ph.D. (or equivalent degree in cell biology, pharmacology or related discipline)
- Track record as an experienced cellular screening team leader
- Strong people/project management skills; supervising, coaching and mentoring skills
- Vast industry experience in cell assay development, HTS and hit triage and optimisation
- Record of publications in peer-reviewed journals is advantageous
Park Street People Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Want to earn up to £500? *
*Terms and conditions apply
- Patient centric company.
- Fantastic contract position.
- Based in the centre of a scientific research hub.
- Join a company that pushes professional development
- Cell Biology background
- Good location coupled with a modern working environment
- Global biotechnology company
£75,000 to £95,000 + Benefits
- Disruptor in science
- Strong leader with clear scientific vision
- Collaborative and team focused R&D division